Tuesday, May 17, 2011

How much does that cost…

See this tree?





That’s actually our neighbor’s tree, which is growing over the property line significantly. Several branches are touching our roof and causing problems with the gutter. Every roofer we’ve gotten a quote from has said “You gotta do something about that tree”. So I decided to get some quotes on how much it would cost to cut the tree back. The first quote came from a general contractor who was merely going to cut the limbs back that were making contact with the roof and it was a whopping $1,500.00. Yeah I cussed when I got the quote. I cussed and threw a tantrum like a 5 year old. I think I stomped my foot and then cussed some more. Jedd suggested a time out.

I then decided the general contractor didn’t know what he was talking about so I got a second quote from a company that did this type of thing. They came out and said they would trim it back and hook up some cables to ensure none of the larger limbs would come down on the house and for that they quoted $1,200.00. I know what you’re thinking and I’m thinking the same thing… I hate my neighbors right now and they need to take care of that freaking tree!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment