Friday, November 18, 2011

Let the countdown begin…

Thanksgiving is coming, next week, as in Thursday. We are hosting the dinner (is it dinner if it’s at 1:30 pm sharp) at our house this year. I decided it might be in my best interest to pull together the menu today and get a shopping list put together. The menu is:


1. Turkey

2. Ham (mom is cooking)

3. Stuffing

4. Cranberry stuff (mom is making)

5. Deviled Eggs (mom is making)

6. Rolls

7. Brussel sprouts (Jedd is making)

8. Mash potatoes

9. Gravy

10. Sweet potato casserole

11. Baked Mac ‘n’cheese

12. Baked Parmesan Tomatoes

13. Pumpkin Pecan Desserts

14. Individual peanut butter pies

15. Oyster stuffing (Dorinda is making)

Without Jedd’s mom’s ingredients for the oyster stuffing my grocery list is 37 items long, one of which is 20 ½ pint jars for the desserts. Let’s just say tomorrows grocery shopping is probably going to be hell. I’m basing this on the fact that this morning I attempted to stop at Safeway before work and the usually empty parking lot was already THREE rows full of cars. WHY OH WHY DO I ALWAYS WAIT UNTIL THE LAST MINUTE.

What are you doing for Thanksgiving?

No comments:

Post a Comment