Friday, September 23, 2011

Happy Hour: Adult Pumpkin Nog…

The problem with late September/early October is that it’s not technically anything. You might call it fall in some places but in DC it’s just confusing. It’s like a month of “surprise” weather. Today I left the house expecting a light drizzle and it turned out that today was a full on storm. Though it might be 50 degrees when I go to bed tonight it could very well be 90 degrees tomorrow. It’s because of this lack of consistency you could find yourself saying “I’ve got vanilla ice cream, sprinkles, 2/3 cups of pumpkin puree, pumpkin spice & some bourbon” what am I going to make with this. Thankfully someone thought of an answer which is why tonight’s drink of choice is what I’m calling Adult Pumpkin Nog but Jessica at How Sweet it Is calls Grown Up Pumpkin Pie Milkshakes.



Speaking of people referring to things that make absolutely no sense what would you call these:



I pour out those beautiful pellets of joy and Jedd’s all “something, something Jimmy’s”. I’m like what, come to find out some people (and by some people I mean Jedd) call sprinkles Jimmy’s. I didn’t believe it either so I had him Google it, in addition to Jimmy’s their also called hundreds and thousands. Who knew? I’m just going to keep calling them sprinkles myself, but I’m glad I know this just in case it’s ever a question on Jeopardy I have the answer.



Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment