Monday, September 19, 2011

Meatless Monday: Mushroom-Cheddar Melts…

So we’ve met right? I’ve told you about all the crazy stuff I do called “dieting”? Well one of those things actually stuck and it’s Meatless Monday. If you’re not familiar with it than you can visit their website and learn all about it. Essentially for us we chose to participate in Meatless Monday as a way to force ourselves to explore meat free options several times a week. It’s easy to get into a rut with your menu and mine relies heavily on meat. Meatless Monday forced me to think about side of the box. Every week I try a new recipe in an effort to keep things exciting. Rachael Ray’s “Big, Beefy Mushroom-Cheddar Melts” were yummy, the Portobello’s tricked us into thinking we had meat.






Jedd had his with sweet potato French fries, but I had mine with seaweed chips because believe it or not the allergy I developed to potatoes is still going strong. You should try this recipe, it was yummy. Am I the only one who notices that Rachel Ray can make an otherwise healthy idea into a real bad idea? I did the calorie count for this meal and the burger comes around 520 calories and I cut down the cheese.

What's your favorite meat free meal?

No comments:

Post a Comment