Friday, July 8, 2011

Happy Hour: Bloody Maria…

During the summer we love to make up a big batch of gazpacho but every single time I think to myself “what am I going to do with the leftover tomato juice”. Tonight’s cocktail is the answer, the Bloody Maria from Nigella’s Kitchen:






The other thing that made me happy about this was that it uses tequila as the booze. Tequila is one of those alcohols that I always have on hand because during the summer we’ll whip up a batch of margarita’s while grilling. But after one or two summer weekends of margarita’s I’m past it and often I’ll look at the bottle and think “what else does one do with tequila”. Obviously tequila shots, but we try not to take shots just the two of us, seems lushious (side note, when I read the word lushious to Jedd he cracked up. I’m inventing new words now).



Jedd of course was a huge fan of this drink, but he drinks V8 by the glass (yuck!). I actually liked it too, I think the lime and acidity of the tomato juice cuts the tequila flavor so you don’t even taste it. Even better is really the recipe is for 4 servings, so I made a pitcher so I wouldn’t have to do the whole “honey if you want another one you’ll need to clean the shaker” thing.



Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment